[Q] Service config, go critical:HARD; Alert every 5 minutes until non-critical

Assaf Flatto nagios at flatto.net
Mon Jun 14 17:11:12 CEST 2010

Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> My Nagios foo must leave a lot to be desired.  8-(
>
> I have not been able to figure out the correct combination of service
> definition settings to get a check to go CRITICAL:HARD on the first try
> (no SOFT alerts), and keep sending alerts (every five minutes) until the
> check/alert clears.
>
> Either the complete answer or a clue-stick whack (the settings I should
> be looking at) would be greatly appreciated.
>

> TIA,
> Rod

What it your service definition ( template and service ) ?
what is your escalation path ?
and what is the alerts definitions of the contact ?

Please post those details so we may help you .

Assaf

--
Never,Ever Cut A Deal With a Dragon

I am doing a Charity Bike ride On the 27 of June for the
Capital to Coast Charity. Please help by Donating
http://www.justgiving.com/Lovefilm-capital-to-coast