[Q] Service config, go critical:HARD; Alert every 5 minutes until non-critical

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at cyber-office.net
Mon Jun 14 17:03:09 CEST 2010

My Nagios foo must leave a lot to be desired.  8-(

I have not been able to figure out the correct combination of service
definition settings to get a check to go CRITICAL:HARD on the first try
(no SOFT alerts), and keep sending alerts (every five minutes) until the
check/alert clears.

Either the complete answer or a clue-stick whack (the settings I should
be looking at) would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Rod