check_disk and Volumes > 10 TB

Matt Simmons standalone.sysadmin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 15:12:40 CEST 2010

If the underlying OSes are 32bit, then it needs to be 32 bit as well
(indeed, if it were 64 bit, it probably wouldn't run).

Does the issue show itself if you change the units that check_disk
report in (for example: --units MB)?

--Matt

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Dirk H. Schulz
<dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de> wrote:
> Am 12.06.10 13:16, schrieb Matt Simmons:
>> I've seen people run into problems like this when they're checking a
>> machine that's 64 bit, and the monitoring host is 32. That's not, by
>> chance, the case now, is it?
>>
> Well, the problem also arises if check_disk is run locally on the
> monitored host. Could it be that it is compiled for 32Bit and has to
> compiled for 64Bit?
>
> Dirk
>> --Matt
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Dirk H. Schulz
>> <dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I have run into a problem with check_disk. I have a volume with 14 TB
>>> that is 91 % free:

>>> check_disk states it is 0 % free:

>>> Is there a known limitation concerning the size of the volumes? With a
>>> volume<  2 TB I do not have this problem on the same machine.
>>>
>>> Is there something I can do to get around this?
>>>
>>> Any hint or help is appreciated.
>>>
>>> Dirk

LITTLE GIRL: But which cookie will you eat FIRST?
COOKIE MONSTER: Me think you have misconception of cookie-eating process.