Going Nuts trying to get check_by_ssh to work

steve f a31modela at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 13 22:27:59 CEST 2010

Thanks for the reply, yes I have tried it with both ip & name with the same results.

I assume that the command line check should work as I have written it here correct?

/usr/local/nagios/libexec> ./check_by_ssh -H 172.xx.xx.xx -C '/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_users -w 5 -c 8' -l nagios -2 -4

Remote command execution failed:

I do see on the client in /var/log/secure log : sshd[7044]: Accepted publickey for nagios from 172.xx.xx.xx
port 42117 ssh2

so this should mean the ssh was successful correct?

Steve