Going Nuts trying to get check_by_ssh to work

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Tue Jul 13 21:51:09 CEST 2010

> I have tried running the check_by_ssh plugin from the command line with no
> success , specifying ports, protocol, user, etc
>
> ./check_by_ssh -H pbylinux7 -C '/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ssh' -2 -4
> -p 22

Have you tried using the *IP* instead of the hostname?  Depending on
how you have your service check defined, it's probably using the
IP, and if that's the case, it's probably waiting on you to accept the
remote host's key.

Benny

--
"Well, we *could* hunt down the perpetrators, pool some $$, and
hire 3 or 4 baseball-bat wielding professional explainers to go