Going Nuts trying to get check_by_ssh to work

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Tue Jul 13 22:52:06 CEST 2010

> Thanks for the reply, yes I have tried it with both ip & name with the
> same results.
>
> I assume that the command line check should work as I have written it here
> correct?
>
> /usr/local/nagios/libexec> ./check_by_ssh -H 172.xx.xx.xx -C
> '/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_users -w 5 -c 8' -l nagios -2 -4
>
> Remote command execution failed:
>

> I do see on the client in /var/log/secure log : sshd[7044]: Accepted
> publickey for nagios from 172.xx.xx.xx
> port 42117 ssh2
>
> so this should mean the ssh was successful correct?

If that's the case, yes, your authentication is fine.

As the nagios user on the remote host, *copy-and-pasting* that exact
command (inside the single quotes) into the shell works?

Benny

--
"Well, we *could* hunt down the perpetrators, pool some $$, and
hire 3 or 4 baseball-bat wielding professional explainers to go