ndoutils 1.4b7 vs 1.4b9

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tue Jul 13 09:48:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

Carl Friend wrote:
>     I tried updating my (perfectly working, mind you) ndoutils from
> 1.4b7 to 1.4b9 over the weekend and was primarily rewarded with
> segfaults and other grief which has resisted investigation and
> fixes.  The errors were introduced in 1.4b8 and persist into 1.4b9.
> I'm running on Solaris-10 SPARC.  The last SQL query I seem to see
> in the debug log is when the ndo2db daemon tries inserting a row
> into the Nagios_customvariables table.

Well I've sent a patch a few months ago to nagios-devel but iirc it's
only in CVS, not within a new beta release. An Icinga user pointed me to
that problem.

http://markmail.org/message/jsolx6j6jl74aqpj
https://dev.icinga.org/issues/219

>     I'm tired of banging my head on it.  Does anybody know when the
> next version is due out that'll fix the segfaults?

Currently NDOUtils stands without a maintainer...
http://www.mail-archive.com/nagios-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg32080.html

I'd recommend staying at 1.4b7 since 1.4b9 SQL schema is a bit screwed
regarding unique constraints next to the binary selects instead of case
sensitive collation.

Search the mailing list archives for further information on that.

Kind regards,
Michael

--
DI (FH) Michael Friedrich