ndoutils 1.4b7 vs 1.4b9

Carl Friend Carl.Friend at mathworks.com
Tue Jul 13 15:27:18 CEST 2010

   Michael Friedrich writes:

> Well I've sent a patch a few months ago to nagios-devel but iirc it's
> only in CVS, not within a new beta release. An Icinga user pointed me to
> that problem.
>
> http://markmail.org/message/jsolx6j6jl74aqpj
> https://dev.icinga.org/issues/219

   I caught one of those (the errant declaration) but missed the
botched int vs. long problem.  Since I located the patch, I'll give
things another go this evening if I get time.  Thanks!

> I'd recommend staying at 1.4b7 since 1.4b9 SQL schema is a bit screwed
> regarding unique constraints next to the binary selects instead of case
> sensitive collation.

   I looked at the lists and didn't see the indices and constraints
alluded to here.  Can you point them out, please.  I'll back out the
changes I applied to the database with the 1.4b9 update.  However,
1.4b9 *does* provide some additional indices that dramatically speed
up certain maintenance operations, so I don't want to lose those.

   Cheers!

| Carl Richard Friend (UNIX Sysadmin)     | Natick, Massachusetts, USA |
| Minicomputer Collector / Enthusiast     |                 01760-2098 |
| http://users.rcn.com/crfriend/museum    | ICBM: +42:18:00  -71:21:03 |