Notification question

Steven Battaille Steven.Battaille at ap2.be
Tue Jan 19 17:15:09 CET 2010

I'm having a question about the notifications that are being sent by
nagios.

I found out that if you put the notification interval at 0 you only get
a mail when the service goes into the type you defined.

I'll explain my question with an example.

                We monitor the disk space of several servers. The
threshold for the warning and critical are set to 90 and 95.

                As soon as the service goes into warning because the
threshold is at 90% we get an email with a warning status (so far so
good)

                If the threshold increases to 91% we don't get an email
anymore because the state doesn't change. (it's still warning).

We now want Nagios to send an email that as soon as the threshold value
has changed we get an email. (from 90 to 91)

We don't want to get an email as long as the threshold stays at 90%(we
already got this by mail)

Does somebody knows a solution for this?

Steven Battaille