Notification Question

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Mon Jan 4 20:38:52 CET 2010

2010/1/4 steve f <a31modela at hotmail.com>:
> Hello & Happy New Year,
>
> Is it possible to have Nagios notify me of a service problem once an hour
> AND tell me how many times it alerted during that hour time frame?
>
> For example, if I run a plugin, I don't necessarily want to have a
> notification every time the threshold was met but after 1 hour, send me a
> notification that during that hour time period, the threshold was exceeded
> 10 times?
>
> I know that via the notification cfg I can set the time frame for sending a
> notification but can I keep a running total of the number of alerts for that
> 1 hour timeframe?

Out of the box, no I don't think there is a way you can do that.

If you use ndoutils, I guess you could write a custom notification
command script which gets the information you need by doing a SQL
query of the database.

> Thanks,

I'm not sure you will want to thank me for this advice!  The NDO
schema can be a right pain.

Cheers,

Jim