parent/child relationship in distribute environment

HyunSung Jang hsjang at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 13:29:12 CET 2010

thank you for your comment,
but, I think i already configured like you just said.
actually A1,A2 is not a server but it is our access switch i mean
there are many servers under A1, A2

let me describe my environment again,

BB1->A1->server1, server2, nagios1(center), nagios2(for servers under A1),
nagios3(for servers under A2), nagios4(just for switch monitoring)

BB1->A2->server3, server4...

my central server (nagios1) has all objects
definition(BB1,A1,A2,server1,server2,server3....etc)
and then nagios2 has only 2 defined servers which is server1 and server2
nagios3 has server3, server4

if I start nagios daemon on nagios3, it shows me an error like "there's no
parent definition for server3"
because parent for server3 is A2 and parent for A2 is BB1.
and I didn't put config for A2 and BB1 to nagios3.

I have no problem when i starting nagios in my central server,
cuz central server has all configurations of my servers and switches

but distributed nagios server which is nagios3 won't start.

am I doing right or is there a misunderstanding to config nagios properly?