qpage - OT

Frater, Greg J GJFRATER at bechtel.com
Thu Dec 16 20:16:15 CET 2010

Thanks for the response Benny, I appreciate any help I can get

>> qpage error:
>> <502 MESSAGE REJECTED - STX OR EOT EXPECTED>

>It would have been nice to see your qpage.cf file...  ;)
That seems obvious, see below

>Be sure you have 'parity=even' in your config.  When you run a test
with verbose and interactive flags set, do you fail five or six times
before you get that message?

I've never tried the interactive flag, I will do so.  As far as the
failures go when I had the retry set to 20 it would to fail 5 times in a
row and then reset the modem or something, I can't fully interpret the
logs, and then retry again possible 20 times? as in 20 sets of 5.

The interactive (-i) option seems to require a page to be sent right
now.  As of yet I have been unable to get a failure when sending a page
manually but I think I've really only sent a small number 10-20 pages
manually.  The only times it has failed so far is when it's running in
daemon mode.  Do you guys use USB modems with qpage?  These problems got
much worse after switching to a USB modem.

qpage.cf:
#
# QuickPage configuration file
#