qpage - OT

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Thu Dec 16 20:28:49 CET 2010

>>It would have been nice to see your qpage.cf file...  ;)
> That seems obvious, see below
>
>>Be sure you have 'parity=even' in your config.  When you run a test
> with verbose and interactive flags set, do you fail five or six times
> before you get that message?
>
> I've never tried the interactive flag, I will do so.  As far as the
> failures go when I had the retry set to 20 it would to fail 5 times in a
> row and then reset the modem or something, I can't fully interpret the
> logs, and then retry again possible 20 times? as in 20 sets of 5.
>
> The interactive (-i) option seems to require a page to be sent right
> now.  As of yet I have been unable to get a failure when sending a page
> manually but I think I've really only sent a small number 10-20 pages
> manually.  The only times it has failed so far is when it's running in
> daemon mode.  Do you guys use USB modems with qpage?  These problems got
> much worse after switching to a USB modem.

I didn't notice anything glaringly incorrect with your config...

The reason I asked about parity is because I got the exact same
error with Verizon and Sprint, except that qpage would decide
that the page was not sent (when it had been), so it would retry
five times (thereby sending five identical pages).

That issue went away when I had a palm-forehead moment and added
the 'parity=even' to my config.

Benny

--
"I'm no meteorologist, but I'm pretty sure it's rainin' bitches!"
                                 -- Cleveland, "Family Guy"