Return code of 127 is out of bounds - only on high cpu load though

Daniel Wittenberg daniel.wittenberg.r0ko at statefarm.com
Tue Dec 14 17:08:35 CET 2010

I noticed something odd the other day while stressing my servers.  I noticed that when I overload it with too many hosts/checks, that I start getting active check failures with the standard 127 code.  But, if I slowly reduce the number of hosts/checks, I’ll get to a point where it starts working again.  Anyone else seen this, where the “plugin may be missing” really isn’t the problem and only on high load?

Dan