Alert host down with passive check

Rikard Dahlberg rik.dahlberg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 08:53:48 CET 2010

Thanks for the fast answer.
Freshenss seems to do the tric, to a point anyway.
I can see if the host services dies now, just like an active check as its down. However it doesn't report correctly on the host status.

Since freshness last resport option is to ping the host IP adress, and if the server goes down and are behind a firewall, the ping will just go to that gateway. Is there any way to "fake" nagios to thinking that the host is down if some service goes down?
Rikard