Nagios supervising nagios?

list at markas-al-nour.org list at markas-al-nour.org
Thu Aug 5 17:50:38 CEST 2010

Hi list,

I searched a bit around, but I don't find a solution to my (IMO) simple
idea: if I have nagios installed on different servers, is it possible to
have a central nagios-instance that gets it's data from the remote ones?

The idea is to have different nagios-instances which are independent, but
which can be monitored from a central nagios-instance.

As far as I read, both NSCA and NRPE are not exactly what I'm looking for.
Could Opsview do something like that?

Thanks if you have a pointer,

Linus