Nagios update from V2.3 to V3.0.6

Richard Gliebe richard.gliebe at fhv.at
Tue Sep 1 08:14:20 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I need to update our Nagios Installation from Version 2.3 to Version
3.0.6 on a FreeBSD 6.2 STABLE Box

My first step is to do a source upgrade on the FreeBSD Box to the last
STABLE Version (7.2) including all Ports and all Docs.

The Nagios Update should be done by Ports and NOT with the Source Code
like './configure && make && make install'.

Is there a HOWTO available?

I want to keep the existing Nagios Configuration.

Thanks in advance
Richard