Removing NRPE Daemon

Christopher McAtackney cristoir at gmail.com
Wed May 27 15:47:49 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I was wondering how to remove the NRPE daemon completely from my
Ubuntu machine? It was compiled without SSL support, and is an older
version, so I'd like to stick 2.12 on w/ SSL.

I tried just make'ing and install'ing 2.12, but NRPE 2.8.1 is still
running. Do I have to kill it somehow before installing the new
version?

Cheers,
Chris