Uptime info from the command line

Ståle Askerød Johansen s.a.johansen at usit.uio.no
Wed May 27 12:52:45 CEST 2009

Hi list.

We are running version 3. At the moment we are putting together
a simple interface for the management to view central data for a
smaller number of webservices. For this we want to use some data
from Nagios and graphs from Munin.

Is it possible to extract the following data from a running Nagios
using the command line? Maybe from the CGIs directly:

1) Uptime percentage for a given service for a given time period, taking
    scheduled downtime into account.
2) Is the service in a state of scheduled downtime at the moment,
    or not?

This can probably be done with lynx/wget/curl and awk, but I'd rather
depend on as little as possible.

Running avail.cgi gives

«Error: Could not read object configuration data!»

(embedded in HTML, as I would expect)

--
Ståle Johansen, University of Oslo, Norway.