Generating availability report in Nagios 3.0.6

Paul Corcoran paul.corcoran.mlist at gmail.com
Fri May 15 14:46:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've recently completed a distributed installation of Nagios consisting of a
master server acting as the web front end for Nagios and 2 slave servers
that do all the service checking.

Currently we are monitoring approx 500 hosts and perform approx 3300 service
checks.

Nagios performs daily rotation of the logs and they are approx 250MB in size
for each 24 hours period.

I am having some difficulty running availability reports at the moment. I am
able to generate reports for the current day but if I try and run a report
against data that has been archived I get an internal server error from
Apache.

I don't think it is a permissions issue nor do I think it's a security
issue. Memory usage on the web box is quit high and avail.cgi seems to use a
lot of it so it could be something as simple as not enough memory in the
machine (The server currently has 3GB)

The server is running Fedora Core 10 as it's OS.

If any one can shed some light on this issues it would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Paul Corcoran