NDO update delay

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Thu Mar 26 20:51:00 CET 2009

2009/3/26 Rodney Ramos <rodneyra at gmail.com>:
> Hi everybody.
>
> I´ve installed NDOUtils (nodutils-1.4b7) whith Nagios (nagios-3.0.6) and
> it´s working.
>
> However I´ve noticed that it´s taking more than 30 minutes to update the
> MySQL tables.
>
> I´ve detected the problem making a query on the field "last_check" on
> "nagios_hoststatus" table.
>
> Can anyone help me? There is a parameter to make the update process faster?

You can try reducing the number of days data you keep and adding some
indexes.  The solution I think helps most though was contributed by
Marc DeTrano here in a thread here on 3rd/4th March which I summarised
thus:

I simply added a file "nagios.cnf"
under /etc/mysql/conf.d like so:

 [mysqld]
 innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 2

and it reduced my Nagios startup time from more than 3 minutes to only
30 seconds!

I already had quite a few of the data_processing_options disabled in
ndomod.cfg and had reduced all of the max_*_age parameters in
ndo2db.cfg to 24 hours (before those my startup time was more than 5
minutes).