Nagios with Trouble Ticket system or Managment System integration

Christopher McAtackney cristoir at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 17:10:34 CET 2009

2009/3/23 Florence Luk <lukkawa at netvigator.com>:
> Dear all,
>
> I am new to Nagios and now my company want to try let Nagios to integrate
> with our new Service Desk system (Management System).
> For this project our aim is to inject Nagios's alert message to Service Desk
> system and it can create a 'Trouble Ticket' automatically.
> So I want to find out basic requirement of Nagios at Nagios side and it how
> to provide interface (E.g. Application programming interface (API)) for the
> Trouble Ticket system.
> I look forward to hear from you soon. Many Thanks.
>
> KoKo

Florence,

Check out Nagiosity ( http://code.google.com/p/nagiosity/ ). It's a
Python script which converts the current Nagios status data into XML.
It's pretty simple to modify to suit your own particular requirements,
and so you just need to write your own program to grab the XML and
make the relevant calls to your Service Desk system.

Cheers,
Chris