No data was received from host!

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 04:09:07 CET 2009

NC_net is also sometimes a victim of this type of senario,

I have found two senerios that caused this condion,
1) one of the checks takes a long time to process,
Solution:
a)If you can isolate the check that takes a long time, and find a quicker
way to retrieve the data
b) increase the Timout of all the Windows checks so they do not timeout as
quickly

2) In several cases I have found the problem was not the windows plugin at
all.
The problem was the Server itself.  in this senario it is the responsibilty
of the Windows Admin to uncover why Windows in unable to appropialy respond.
It could be anything form backups running, to a Hard Disk or Memory chip
misbehaving.  or just High System load.
the Hard part is in the diagnosis, if the system is not responding to
other aplication durring this interval, then it may be throwing out some
Event Log Messages since They are not garenteed to be delivered
Tony (author of NC_net)