Having difficulty installing Nagiosgraph

Eric Chatham echatham at broadvox.net
Thu Mar 12 20:14:29 CET 2009

Hello all,

I'm having a hard making the graphs work.  I'm running CentOS 5.1 (RHEL 5.1).  I'm successfully running Nagios version 3.0.6 on this system.  I'm having problems with getting Nagiosgraph to work.  One, here is the output of my webpage:

http://server.net/nagiosgraph/cgi/show.cgi?host=reach_media&service=PING

Nagiosgraph has detected an error in the configuration file: /etc/nagios/nagiosgraph/nagiosgraph.conf.
/usr/local/nagios/nagiosgraph/rrd is empty

Next, here is my /var/log/nagiosgraph.log:

Thu Mar 12 13:59:11 2009 insert.pl warn - perfdata not recognized:
date||host||desc||out||data for:
servicedescr: UPTIME
output: OK - System uptime is 4 days, 10:59:15.53.
perfdata:
Thu Mar 12 13:59:28 2009 show.cgi critical - /usr/local/nagios/nagiosgraph/rrd is empty
Thu Mar 12 13:59:41 2009 insert.pl warn - perfdata not recognized:
date||host||desc||out||data for:
servicedescr: PING
output: PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 67.71 ms
perfdata:
Thu Mar 12 13:59:51 2009 insert.pl warn - perfdata not recognized:
date||host||desc||out||data for:
servicedescr: PING
output: PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.08 ms
perfdata:

When I try to run insert.pl manually, I get this error:

perl /usr/lib/nagios/insert.pl
readline() on closed filehandle FH at /etc/nagios/nagiosgraph/ngshared.pm line 989.

I have RRD installed; I also use Smokeping on this server.  Please assist.

Eric Chatham

CONFIDENTIAL. This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and should be destroyed and/or returned if you are not the intended and proper recipient.