No data was received from host!

p1 at fhri.org p1 at fhri.org
Thu Mar 12 23:13:46 CET 2009

Most are just generic checks, like NSClient version, Uptime, Drive
Space, Memory Usage, several processes and services, etc. It's a Windows
2000 server host running the NSClient++.  It's hard to catch this while
it's happening because it only lasts a few minutes and I'm never here
when it happens.

I started slowly transitioning from using check_nt to check_nrpe and the

check_nt reports: No data was received from host!
check_nrpe reports: Socket timeout after 10 seconds.

I don't believe it's a network connectivity problem, or the ping check
wouldn't succeed and the other checks wouldn't run.  I guess it could be
a non-responsive system condition, perhaps some process hogs all CPU
cycles or something like that...

Peter.