Server/host Inheritance

Mathew Walker lmw94002 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 25 18:42:44 CEST 2009

The documentation on this is actually pretty good...

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objectinheritance.html

If you have a host that use's the template... then in that host's config you define the same value again, it will override... except if you use the "!" and "+" signs to change the behavior.

in the case of contacts and hosts (like in a group)...

eg,

contact_group   +management

Using the line above will add the management group in addition to what was assigned via the template.

If you used "!management", it should not send to the management group even if it was defined in the template.

If you just used it without the ! or +, it will override the template and just email management.

I think I got that all straight... dont' quote me, quote the documentation.  :-)

--
Mat W. - http://www.techadre.com