nagvis requires ndoutils; how stable is ndoutils?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 07:32:14 CEST 2009

> I think that is a bit overreacting. ndoutils is a database client.

Thanks Kevin. Point taken.

> Databases need management and tuning to get you good performance -
> that's just routine, regardless of the brand you are using: mysql, SQL
> Server, Oracle, Postgres, ....

But the way nagios natively stores data seems to be pretty robust though.
Nagios has scaled excellently right out of the box. From all these
discussions it seems that the problems arise when I try to hook up ndoutils
etc. in there. Maybe I am wrong!

>No amount of work or "polishing" will
>change that. There's a reason DBAs are highly valued professionals.

I feel that's the crux though. If each native nagios install neeed a skilled
DBA to tune it till it worked I doubt it'd have been so successful.

--
Rahul