Problem in Preflight Check with commands.cfg

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Wed Jun 24 22:17:41 CEST 2009

I went ahead and copied the nagios directory from our original server to the new
one.
Once that was done, I did the upgrade to version 3.1.2 of nagios. The main page
of the
application appears without a problem. However, whenever I try to go to any one
of the
links from the main page, an error message similar to the one below appears
on-screen:

Not Found
The requested URL /nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi was not found on this server.

I noticed that after I inserted the snippets from the nagios.conf file into the
httpd.conf file, and subsequently restarted the Apache server, the following
errors
appeared on-screen:

Starting httpd: The ScriptAlias directive in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf at line
566
will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier ScriptAlias.
[warn] The Alias directive in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf at line 583 will
probably never
match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.

I have enclosed a copy of the httpd.conf file in its present version. I am at a
loss
as to why the error message is occurring, and I would really appreciate help on
this.