Problem in Preflight Check with commands.cfg

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 13:13:31 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Kaplan, Andrew
H.<AHKAPLAN at partners.org> wrote:

> /usr/sbin/nagios3 -v /etc/nagios3/nagios.cfg
> Nagios 3.0.6
> Copyright (c) 1999-2008 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
> Last Modified: 12-01-2008
> License: GPL
> Reading configuration data...
> Warning: Duplicate definition found for command 'check_dns' (config file
> '/etc/nagios3/conf.d/commands.cfg', starting on line 90)
> Error: Could not add object property in file '/etc/nagios3/conf.d/commands.cfg'
> on line 91.

I would start grepping in /etc/nagios3 for check_dns (you can grep
recursively and ignoring case sensitivity with the options -ri ).

something like this, then:

# cd /etc/nagios3
# grep -ri "check_dns" *

See what you get, somewhere you have a duplicate command in your configuration.

Natxo