Problem in Preflight Check with commands.cfg

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Fri Jun 19 22:52:23 CEST 2009

Hi there --

I have completed the installation of Nagios 3.0.6 onto an Ubuntu 9.04 server
using the apt-get utility.
We currently have a Nagios 2.6 server running, and I wanted to import the
configuration files into the
newer server. To that end, I have placed the appropriate configuration files in
the /etc/nagios3/conf.d
directory, and modified the nagios.cfg file to reflect the location of the
configuration files.

I ran the preflight check and the following error message appeared on-screen:

/usr/sbin/nagios3 -v /etc/nagios3/nagios.cfg
Nagios 3.0.6
Copyright (c) 1999-2008 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 12-01-2008
License: GPL
Reading configuration data...
Warning: Duplicate definition found for command 'check_dns' (config file
'/etc/nagios3/conf.d/commands.cfg', starting on line 90)
Error: Could not add object property in file '/etc/nagios3/conf.d/commands.cfg'
on line 91.
***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config files...
     Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid
     directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a previous
     version of Nagios, you should be aware that some variables/definitions
     may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to read
     the HTML documentation regarding the config files, as well as the
     'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.

I checked the commands.cfg, and several other files, and I do not see where the
duplicate definition is occurring.
Can someone lend a hand on this? Thanks.

dispose of the e-mail.