disk IO for windows?

Marco Tirado marco.tirado at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 11:25:53 CEST 2009

Hello:

We measure "disk IO" for all Windows machines in our system today. The
counters under "Logical Disk" will give you everything you need. I believe
the ones you are interested in are:

*Physical Disk(Total_)/Disk Reads\sec * -> That is read IOPS
*Physical Disk(Total_)/Disk Writes\sec -> *That is writte IOPS

You can also get statistics per disk instead of totals:
*
Physical Disk(C:)/Disk Reads\sec *
*Physical Disk(O:)/Disk Reads\sec

*Other counters which are interesting to look at:

*Physical Disk(Total_)/Disk Read Bytes\sec -> Read Bandwidth*
*Physical Disk(Total_)/Disk Writes Bytes\sec  -> Write Bandwidth
**Physical Disk(Total_)/Disk sec\read -> Read latency*
***Physical Disk(Total_)/Disk sec\write* -> Write latency

Hope this helps.

//Marco