Can nagios recognize newly added disks

keshav murthy nkeshav12 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 08:43:07 CEST 2009

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been already discussed.

I am using Nagios 3.0.6 with pnp4nagios and I should say that Iam pretty
much happy about the setup. The current set-up is running on RHEL 4.

Problem:
We monitor nearly 2000 hosts split into two different nagios server. System
Administrators requests us to add monitoring for newly added disks on
existing server. When they remove a disk they fail to notify us to remove it
from Nagios which inturn causes critical alert for the removed
(non-existent) disk.

Objective:
Is Nagios capable of re-scanning the disk drives or recognize if there are
newly added disks/removed disks from existing servers that are being
monitored in Nagios.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards
Kesava