Need guidance on specific approach

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Sat Jul 11 19:22:34 CEST 2009

I have a few scripts that run on Windows machines, they are scheduled to run
at specific times. I am hoping to have that script trigger a passive check in
Nagios which then begins periodic monitoring.

I am hoping that if the script finishes (reaches the end) it will trigger the
end of monitoring for Nagios, otherwise with the periodic check I want Nagios
to do, if it sees the script has ended w/o closing the monitoring I need an alert.

Reason I don't want to continue doing this in the scripts is I have plenty scattered
all about already and monitoring them and Nagios is a pain when I could only Monitor
just Nagios.

Any ideas where to start with this?

Thanks for any suggestions!
jlc