Distributed Monitoring - Freshness and Latency

Harald Böhmecke harald.boehmecke at bertelsmann.de
Tue Jul 7 19:44:29 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am having a problem regarding Latency.

Here my Technical information:

All O.S: Ubuntu 9.03 Server//Nagios3.0.6

Main Server DL-380 4GB RAM and Quad-Core 3.0Mhz

My distributed Nagios3 Satellites are reporting Latency, although no
CPU, Mem, Disk or other peaks are evident:

Hosts:
Check Execution Time:  0.03 sec 4.22 sec 1.009 sec
Check Latency:0.01 sec 22.67 sec 3.166 sec

Services:
Check Execution Time:  0.04 sec 0.21 sec 0.099 sec
Check Latency: 0.01 sec 20.18 sec 2.957 sec

Now I am just starting to configure this Satellite, so I only have 29
Hosts and 153 Services.

Due to the Latency on the Satellite, the freshness checks on the Main
Nagios are triggering and this is not good, because my SNMP bandwidth
plugins are making disasters on my graphs.

Attached is an output of nagios3 -s /etc/nagios3/nagios.cfg

Tried debugging but everything looks ok... but... what do I know, rite?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Regards,

Harald