monitor windows remote desktop from linux

Frost, Mark {PBG} mark.frost1 at pepsi.com
Tue Jul 7 19:04:36 CEST 2009

but
>it
>is not enough. The RD port answers to the socket connection but when I
>try
>to connect with the client it hangs. So the port is open but the
service
>is
>frozen.
>
>Is there anybody who knows what to do to monitor the Windows Remote
>Desktop?
>

>Thank you in advance
>Massimo

Massimo,

I guess if the port is still listening it wouldn't solve the issue to
monitor the Windows service the provides Remote Desktop (although that
seems like it would be a good idea anyway).

Any chance there's a corresponding message in the Windows Event log
indicating something bad happening with Remote Desktop?  If so, you
could use one of several utilities (of which NSClient++ is one) to
trigger an alert when it sees that event in the Event Log.

Mark