NRPE installation fails since check_nrpe pluginis not found in the libexec directory

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 02:47:49 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 3:34 PM, James Pratt <jpratt at norwich.edu> wrote:

> Yes all appears to be in order...  I'm not sure what to tell you there ....
> The only other thing I can think of is that FC8 is just too old (?)... I
> don't think there are even updates for it anymore...
>
> You may want to just install FC10 or 11 (Or whatever the most recent is!) -
> I remember I once setup Nagios on FC10 or 11 and it was a breeze using RPM's
> for everything, and the Nagios site has good instructions...  (I now use
> CentOS 5.2 - fedora's release cycle is much too fast, and CentOS is as
> stable as RHEL for me...

Solved it! Thanks for all your help guys. Well, the 64 bit issue was a red
herring. I am still not a 100% sure what my issue was  but here's what I
think:

It was all a problem with NFS mounted drives. I have a base system and
several of my remote hosts find their executibles by NFS mounts on the
relevant dirs. I was trying to install from one such machine and that's when
I had these problems. I went back and tried on the home-machine where these
NFS mounts reside and it all worked.

No idea why! The only suspicion I have is some soft-links business. These
don't span the NFS mounts I remember.

--
Rahul