NRPE installation fails since check_nrpe plugin is not found in the libexec directory

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Jan 26 21:25:43 CET 2009

On Jan 26, 2009, at 1:18 PM, Rahul Nabar wrote:

> I could successfully install "nagios-plugins-1.4.13.tar.gz"  but
> when I try installing "nrpe-2.8" the "make install-plugin" step fails.
>
> It does not seem to find the "check_nrpe" file in the libexec
> directory. All the other check_* files seem to be present but not
> this one!
>
> Any sugesstions what I could be messing up? I've the relevant error
> below.

The check_nrpe plugin is built by the nrpe-2.8 package you are trying
to install. Did you run './configure', then 'make all' before trying
'make install-plugin'? If so, did it fail and with what error? You can
start over by running 'make distclean' then configure, etc again.

nrpe-2.8 is pretty old. Current version is 2.12; you should use the
latest release.

--
Marc