NRPE installation fails since check_nrpe pluginis not found in the libexec directory

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 22:43:31 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 3:34 PM, James Pratt <jpratt at norwich.edu> wrote:

> Yes all appears to be in order...  I'm not sure what to tell you there ....
> The only other thing I can think of is that FC8 is just too old (?)... I
> don't think there are even updates for it anymore...

Thanks for your tips James! I don't think it is an FC8 issue. Just last week
I got nrpe running on about 175 machines all using FC8. THese were 32 bit
machines though. Today I tried extending this to our remaining machines (64
bit) and that is when i started running into problems.

The 64 bit machines might be a red herring though. It's just this class of
machines ; may not have to do anything with the 64 bit arch.

> You may want to just install FC10 or 11 (Or whatever the most recent is!) -
> I remember I once setup Nagios on FC10 or 11 and it was a breeze using RPM's
> for everything, and the Nagios site has good instructions...  (I now use
> CentOS 5.2 - fedora's release cycle is much too fast, and CentOS is as
> stable as RHEL for me...

Upgrading my OS isnt an option unfortunately. Too big a project to unroll on
256 machines for now.

--
Rahul