Still cannot access nagios page

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Wed Jan 21 17:10:59 CET 2009

If you are using Redhat, I would strongly suggest installing Nagios and
associated plugins via Redhat yum repository.  With that said, did you
actually add a user to the htpasswd.users file?

James Moseley

             "Khairuzzamri"
             <k_zamri at kannal.c
             om.my>                                                     To
                                       "Nagios Users Mailinglist"
             01/21/2009 09:17          <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
             AM                        >
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       [Nagios-users] Still cannot access
                                       nagios page

Hi everyone,

I'm still stuck at the authentication popup. I cannot login as even if I'm
providing the correct username and password the authentication popup will
still reappear.

I have done:
1. 'make install-init'
2. have copy '/etc/httpd/conf.d/nagios.conf' content into
'/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf'
   nagios.conf content:

                 ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin "/usr/local/nagios/sbin"
                  <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
                    #  SSLRequireSSL
                    Options ExecCGI
                    AllowOverride None
                    Order allow,deny
                    Allow from all
                    #  Order deny,allow
                    #  Deny from all
                    #  Allow from 127.0.0.1
                    AuthName "Nagios Access"
                    AuthType Basic
                    AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
                    Require valid-user
                 </Directory>
                Alias /nagios "/usr/local/nagios/share"
                 <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
                   #  SSLRequireSSL
                   Options None
                   AllowOverride None
                   Order allow,deny
                   Allow from all
                   #  Order deny,allow
                   #  Deny from all
                   #  Allow from 127.0.0.1
                   AuthName "Nagios Access"
                   AuthType Basic
                   AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
                   Require valid-user
                  </Directory>

3. create 2 .htaccess file in both '/usr/local/nagios/sbin' and
'/usr/local/nagios/share'
   .htaccess content:
                   AuthName "Nagios Access"
                   AuthType Basic
                   AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
                   require valid-user
I'm using Redhat 9 as O/S, nagios 3.0.3.tar.gz and
nagios-plugins-1.4.12.tar.gz.
Please help identify my problem. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.