Still cannot access nagios page

Khairuzzamri k_zamri at kannal.com.my
Wed Jan 21 16:17:43 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm still stuck at the authentication popup. I cannot login as even if I'm providing the correct username and password the authentication popup will still reappear.

I have done:
1. 'make install-init'
2. have copy '/etc/httpd/conf.d/nagios.conf' content into '/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf'
   nagios.conf content:

                 ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin "/usr/local/nagios/sbin"
                  <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
                    #  SSLRequireSSL
                    Options ExecCGI
                    AllowOverride None
                    Order allow,deny
                    Allow from all
                    #  Order deny,allow
                    #  Deny from all
                    #  Allow from 127.0.0.1
                    AuthName "Nagios Access"
                    AuthType Basic
                    AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
                    Require valid-user
                 </Directory>
                Alias /nagios "/usr/local/nagios/share"
                 <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
                   #  SSLRequireSSL
                   Options None
                   AllowOverride None
                   Order allow,deny
                   Allow from all
                   #  Order deny,allow
                   #  Deny from all
                   #  Allow from 127.0.0.1
                   AuthName "Nagios Access"
                   AuthType Basic
                   AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
                   Require valid-user
                  </Directory>

3. create 2 .htaccess file in both '/usr/local/nagios/sbin' and '/usr/local/nagios/share'
   .htaccess content:
                   AuthName "Nagios Access"
                   AuthType Basic
                   AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
                   require valid-user
I'm using Redhat 9 as O/S, nagios 3.0.3.tar.gz and nagios-plugins-1.4.12.tar.gz.Please help identify my problem. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.
Thanks & regards.