Acknowledged by user + Service action url{Fraud?}

Palle L Jensen palleje at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 19:51:42 CET 2009

Marc,

Thanks for you help!! I am half way there :=)

1.
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/configcgi.html
>
> Lock Author Names
>
> Format: 	lock_author_names=[0/1]
> Example: 	lock_author_names=1

That worked great, Recently was looking for something like this in the
cgi.cfg but never found the commands. I guess I should have looked closer in
the manual (http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/configcgi.html) cause
that made all sense. Adding that to the cgi.cfg worked perfect.

2.
> It does look like you're using the correct(ly spelled) macro. Are you
> sure that the service definition has action_url specified? Can you
> post it? I'd also enable debug mode in nagios.cfg and see if anything
> interesting showed up.

You are right I have been unable to add the action url in the service
definition, due to I have several hostnames for the specific service check.

For example the below DiskE check I have several hosts defined for that
check, how would I go by to replace "johndoehost" so the link will be
correct?

http://1xx.xx.xxx.xxx/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=2&host=johndoehost&ser
vice=DiskE

Thanks,