Acknowledged by user + Service action url

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jan 15 20:52:38 CET 2009

On Jan 15, 2009, at 12:51 PM, Palle L Jensen wrote:

> Marc,
>
> Thanks for you help!! I am half way there :=)

Good deal.

> You are right I have been unable to add the action url in the service
> definition, due to I have several hostnames for the specific service
> check.
>
> For example the below DiskE check I have several hosts defined for
> that
> check, how would I go by to replace "johndoehost" so the link will be
> correct?
>
> http://1xx.xx.xxx.xxx/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=2&host=johndoehost&ser
> vice=DiskE

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/macros.html

"Macro Substitution - How Macros Work

Before Nagios executes a command, it will replace any macros it finds
in the command definition with their corresponding values. This macro
substitution occurs for all types of commands that Nagios executes -
host and service checks, notifications, event handlers, etc.

Certain macros may themselves contain other macros. These include the
$HOSTNOTES$, $HOSTNOTESURL$, $HOSTACTIONURL$, $SERVICENOTES$,
$SERVICENOTESURL$, and $SERVICEACTIONURL$ macros. "

In your case, I expect the following should work --

define service {
action_url	http://1xxx.xx.xxx.xxx/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=2&host=$HOSTNAME$&service=DiskE
}

--