Connection refused question

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Sat Feb 28 00:48:25 CET 2009

> My question is where in the nagios configuration do I change the setting
> so nagios knows what ports these two services are listening on?

$ egrep -ir "check_(ssh|http)" in your {/usr/local,}/etc/nagios config
dir:

$ /usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_http -h|grep -i port
strings and regular expressions, check connection times, and report on
Usage: check_http -H <vhost> | -I <IP-address> [-u <uri>] [-p <port>]
    Append a port to include it in the header (eg: example.com:5000)
 -p, --port=INTEGER
 Port number (default: 80)
   Connect via SSL. Port defaults to 443
   Minimum number of days a certificate has to be valid. Port defaults to
443

$ /usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_ssh -h|grep -i port
Try to connect to an SSH server at specified server and port
<host>
 -p, --port=INTEGER
    Port number (default: 22)

Adjust the templates as nessecary, or customize.

Great books out there, too, eat em up!

~BAS