Connection refused question

Mark Weaver mweaver at compinfosystems.com
Sat Feb 28 00:22:31 CET 2009

Hi all,

I'm a total noob with Nagios. I've just completed the installation of
Nagios on a server that is going to be the Nagios server. Once I got it
compiled and running I started making some other modifications to other
services on the system such as apache and ssh.

What I did was change the ports on which these two services are
listening on. Now I'm getting notifications that are telling me that
connection attempts to these services are being refused. I strongly
suspect it's because apache and ssh aren't listening on the default
ports of 80 and 22.

My question is where in the nagios configuration do I change the setting
so nagios knows what ports these two services are listening on?

thanks,

Mark