Connection refused question

Mark Weaver mweaver at compinfosystems.com
Sat Feb 28 01:32:05 CET 2009

Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

>> My question is where in the nagios configuration do I change the setting
>> so nagios knows what ports these two services are listening on?
>>

> $ egrep -ir "check_(ssh|http)" in your {/usr/local,}/etc/nagios config
> dir:
>

> $ /usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_http -h|grep -i port
> strings and regular expressions, check connection times, and report on
> Usage: check_http -H <vhost> | -I <IP-address> [-u <uri>] [-p <port>]
>     Append a port to include it in the header (eg: example.com:5000)
>  -p, --port=INTEGER
>  Port number (default: 80)
>    Connect via SSL. Port defaults to 443
>    Minimum number of days a certificate has to be valid. Port defaults to
> 443
>

> $ /usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_ssh -h|grep -i port
> Try to connect to an SSH server at specified server and port
> <host>
>  -p, --port=INTEGER
>     Port number (default: 22)
>

> Adjust the templates as nessecary, or customize.
>
> Great books out there, too, eat em up!
>
> ~BAS

Hi Brian,

While I appreciate your reply I have absolutely no idea what you said.
As I mentioned earlier I'm a complete noobie when it comes to Nagios.
I.e. this is my first time ever exposure to this system. i've been all
over the config file and I can't find anywhere where it would appear you
could set the ports services run on for a given host.

Do they even exist?

Mark