send_nsca to monitor a remote log via passive checks.

mariog at absi.be mariog at absi.be
Mon Feb 16 18:15:59 CET 2009

Hello
I have a problem
I am using a program logsurfer which scan logfiles and realtime

it is running on a remote host, i have created a passive check in nagios
and I want to use send_nsca to send the errors in the logs to the
monitoring server. whenever i launch send_nsca manually in the command
line it works but  when I set it in the config file of logsurfer it does
not sends any passive checks to the nagios server.

here is the command i try to use in order to send it to the nagios server.

"/usr/bin/echo "host\tlogfile\t2\t\"$0\"" | /etc/nagios/send_nsca -H
123.123.123.123 -c /etc/nagios/send_nsca.cfg"

it is there an error in syntax, does anyone of you know logsurfer and it's
maybe the logsurfer problem if the syntax of send_nsca is correct.

$0 is supposed to be the entire line that will be sent to the monitoring
server.

thank you for your help; it will be priceless.

Mario Garcia Ortiz/ABSI