Notifications only to service contacts, not to host contacts?

Christian Schneemann cschneemann at suse.de
Mon Feb 16 16:31:31 CET 2009

On Monday February 16 2009 03:13:00 pm Marc Powell wrote:
> On Feb 16, 2009, at 3:49 AM, Christian Schneemann wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have some services defined, that are just interesting for some
> > people,
> > especially not for all contacts defined for the host. So the service
> > has a
> > single contact defined.

[...]
> > What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?
>
> Who are the host contacts? Please post the entire host and service
> definitions, including the templates with the important bits. You
> might want to grab the definitions from objects.cache.
Thanks for the hint with the objects.cache.
The contact_group is defined in the template for the service.

so a
define service {
	contacts	contact1
	contact_groups
}
unsets the value and I hope it will work now.

Thanks for helping :)

--
Christian Schneemann

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,
Maxfeldstr. 5, D - 90409 Nürnberg

Phone:  +49 (0)911 - 740 53 0
e-mail: cschneemann at suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex
HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)