Problem with left menu in web interface

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Aug 24 20:06:23 CEST 2009

On Aug 24, 2009, at 12:10 PM, Leonardo Carneiro wrote:

> There is the following contents in php5.load and php5.conf, both
> included in apache2.conf.
>
>    <IfModule mod_php5.c>
>      AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .php3
>      AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>      AddType text/html .php
>    </IfModule>
>    LoadModule php5_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so

No AddHandler? Apache won't know that the php module is supposed to
process .php files without it. The AddType's just set MIME-type for
the files if they're downloaded by a client, not whether they're
interpreted or not.

> also, there is no /usr/sbin/httpd. there is /usr/sbin/apache2 instead.
> the command

I took educated guesses. Glad you were able to figure it out.

>    /usr/sbin/httpd -M 2>&1  | grep php
>
> give me no output.

I'd say that the PHP module isn't loading then. Does apache complain
about that at all when started? A very simple test is to create a file
in the share directory named 'phpinfo.php' with the contents --

<?
phpinfo();
?>

Load it in your browser (http://your.nagios.host/nagios/phpinfo.php).
If php is working you'll get lots of output about your php install.

> but if the module was not loaded, would i be able to
> view http://host/nagios/index.php?

Yes. If you look at it, it's just html text with a .php extension. No
php interpretation required.

--
Marc