Problem with left menu in web interface

Leonardo Carneiro lscarneiro at veltrac.com.br
Mon Aug 24 19:10:34 CEST 2009

There is the following contents in php5.load and php5.conf, both
included in apache2.conf.

    <IfModule mod_php5.c>
      AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .php3
      AddType text/html .php
    </IfModule>
    LoadModule php5_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so

In debian, the httpd.conf is empty by default. The server config is in
apache2.conf.

also, there is no /usr/sbin/httpd. there is /usr/sbin/apache2 instead.
the command

    /usr/sbin/httpd -M 2>&1  | grep php

give me no output. but if the module was not loaded, would i be able to
view http://host/nagios/index.php?

Marc Powell escreveu:
> On Aug 24, 2009, at 9:17 AM, Leonardo Carneiro wrote:
>

>>> hmmm... It looks like there's something wrong with the PHP parsing of
>>> share/side.php. Did you rename share/side.php to share/side.html
>>> perhaps? Is PHP enabled in your web server?
>>>

>> No, share/side.php still is share/side.php
>> PHP is enabled, but apache is not identifying index.php as a directory
>> index file. I have to enter http://myhost/nagios/index.php in order to
>> access nagios. If i enter just http://myhost/nagios it will try to
>> download a .phtml file. I'm not a apache2 expert, but looks like is
>> configured properly, with the tags to proper identify index.php
>> files as
>> a directory index and to parse .phtml files using the php module.
>>

> I think your PHP parsing is broken entirely. I don't know what OS
> you're using, and you may get better direction from them, but verify
> that the php5 module is loaded by apache. As root, run --
>
> /usr/sbin/httpd -M 2>&1  | grep php
>
> You should see --
>
>   php5_module (shared)
>
> If you do not, PHP is not enabled. Make sure that /etc/httpd/conf.d/
> php.conf exists and points to your PHP module. My RHEL/CENTOS5 one
> looks like --
>
> #
> # PHP is an HTML-embedded scripting language which attempts to make it
> # easy for developers to write dynamically generated webpages.
> #
>
> LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so
>
> #
> # Cause the PHP interpreter to handle files with a .php extension.
> #
> AddHandler php5-script .php
> AddType text/html .php
>
> #
> # Add index.php to the list of files that will be served as directory
> #
> DirectoryIndex index.php
>
> #
> # Uncomment the following line to allow PHP to pretty-print .phps
> # files as PHP source code:
> #
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>

> --
> Marc

*Leonardo de Souza Carneiro*
*Veltrac - Tecnologia em Logística.*
lscarneiro at veltrac.com.br <mailto:lscarneiro at veltrac.com.br>
http://www.veltrac.com.br <http://www.veltrac.com.br/>
/Fone Com.: (43)2105-5601/
/Av. Higienópolis 1601 Ed. Eurocenter Sl. 803/
/Londrina- PR/
/Cep: 86015-010/