Problem with left menu in web interface

Leonardo Carneiro lscarneiro at veltrac.com.br
Mon Aug 24 20:49:27 CEST 2009

Marc Powell escreveu:
> On Aug 24, 2009, at 12:10 PM, Leonardo Carneiro wrote:
>

>> There is the following contents in php5.load and php5.conf, both
>> included in apache2.conf.
>>
>>    <IfModule mod_php5.c>
>>      AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .php3
>>      AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>>      AddType text/html .php
>>    </IfModule>
>>    LoadModule php5_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so
>>

> No AddHandler? Apache won't know that the php module is supposed to
> process .php files without it. The AddType's just set MIME-type for
> the files if they're downloaded by a client, not whether they're
> interpreted or not.
>

>> also, there is no /usr/sbin/httpd. there is /usr/sbin/apache2 instead.
>> the command
>>

> I took educated guesses. Glad you were able to figure it out.

Sorry if I look rude. It was not my intention :)

>>    /usr/sbin/httpd -M 2>&1  | grep php
>>
>> give me no output.
>>

> I'd say that the PHP module isn't loading then. Does apache complain
> about that at all when started? A very simple test is to create a file
> in the share directory named 'phpinfo.php' with the contents --
>
> <?
> phpinfo();
> ?>

The commando "/usr/sbin/apache -M" gives me the following output:

    apache2: bad user name ${APACHE_RUN_USER}

This variable, reffered in apache2.conf is correctly defined in the
envvar file. The fact that apache is not parsing the php code is driving
me crazy. Below the message of "can't locate the file" it gives me the
apache version, OS version and that stuff. It says: "Apache/2.2.9
(Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny3 with Suhosin-Patch Server at /x.x.x.x/ Port
20000"

> Load it in your browser (http://your.nagios.host/nagios/phpinfo.php).
> If php is working you'll get lots of output about your php install.
>

>> but if the module was not loaded, would i be able to
>> view http://host/nagios/index.php?
>>

> Yes. If you look at it, it's just html text with a .php extension. No
> php interpretation required.
>
> --
> Marc

*Leonardo de Souza Carneiro*
*Veltrac - Tecnologia em Logística.*
lscarneiro at veltrac.com.br <mailto:lscarneiro at veltrac.com.br>
http://www.veltrac.com.br <http://www.veltrac.com.br/>
/Fone Com.: (43)2105-5601/
/Av. Higienópolis 1601 Ed. Eurocenter Sl. 803/
/Londrina- PR/
/Cep: 86015-010/